Partners HealthCare: Connecting Heart Failure Patients to Providers Through Remote Monitoring
ABSTRACT: Partners HealthCare’s programs in home telehealth have been driven by its Center for Connected Health, which has pilot-tested and implemented telemedicine and remote monitoring solutions. The center focuses on practical innovations that can change patient behaviors to realize better clinical outcomes. The center’s Connected Cardiac Care Program has enrolled more than 1,200 patients since its introduction in 2006 and has experienced an approximate 50 percent reduction in heart failure hospital readmission rates overall for enrolled patients. The center estimates the program has generated total cost savings of more than $10 million since 2006. Human factors and social processes have been important in successfully introducing telehealth technology solutions into workflow and patient care. Technology has also had a positive impact on patient activation and engagement in self-care, helping to demonstrate to providers that this new program supports behavior changes that lead to improved care and quality outcomes.
- ClickMedix at the "Advancing Universal Health Care through Telehealth" Innovation Forum
- November 23, 2011 - ClickMedix was invited to spea...
- Ting Shih -- ClickMedix
- Ting Shih ClickMedix During the past year ClickMed...
- Ting Shih - Click Medix (Startup MD Pitch)
- A 2013 Startup Maryland Pitch. Shot and edited by ...