By Ting Shih
Rock Health is the world’s premier mobile healthcare (mHealth) incubator. Each team selected, out of hundreds of applicants, receive a 20K USD start-up grant, with NO equity stake taken away from the startup! Participants of Rock Health are introduced to mobile/tech/healthcare VCs, hospital partners, as well as potential customers.
For a mobile healthcare platform company like ClickMedix focused on providing telehealth services to connect networks of medical experts and patient groups, visiting Rock Health made me feel like a kid in the candy store!
I led a roundtable discussion with about 5 different Rock Health teams. Each team provided a brief description about their business/technology and we discussed potential revenues models and how they can navigate the healthcare eco-system, as well as opportunities to get a head start on deploying their services internationally, where there are less regulation constraints on pilots and external funding.
Here’s a short summary of the innovations I witnessed and potential opportunities.
- MobileCT (http://www.nephosct.com/): tele-radiology image review and multiple specialist collaboration on iPad. This tool can work nicely with existing tele-consultation services.
Founder Mike Pan explains how his innovation works.
- WeSprout (https://wesprout.org/): healthcare Q&A forum for moms (like Quora for moms) with built-in children’s medical records. This service can be tied in with moms forums nationwide and connect with pediatricians.
- Senstore (http://senstore.com/): health TriCoder. This system can be used for contact-free diagnosis.
- Cardiio (http://cardiio.com): heart rate detection using just a webcam. This would be a nice add-on to kiosk-like diagnosis/screening stations.
- Agile Diagnosis (http://agilediagnosis.com/): medical decision support. This would help point-of-care diagnosis and health education.
Rock Health teams, cheers to your relentless efforts to revolutionizing healthcare!!
- ClickMedix in 1 Minute
- ClickMedix enables cost-effective, expedited healt...
- ClickMedix at the "Advancing Universal Health Care through Telehealth" Innovation Forum
- November 23, 2011 - ClickMedix was invited to spea...
- Ting Shih -- ClickMedix
- Ting Shih ClickMedix During the past year ClickMed...