Date of last revision: Jan 05, 2017
The primary purposes of the site are as follows:
a. To enable ClickMedix Mobile-Web Service (“ClickMedix”), a service developed and owned by us that facilitates communications between patients and doctors and among health providers using cellular telephone mobile handsets and the internet to manage the health of patients. The health consultations are enabled by ClickMedix-Web, a web application that operates through the web site, and ClickMedix-Mobile, a wireless, mobile handset application, in the following manner:
- i. Health providers, including nurses and other health workers, or patients (collectively, “Requesters”) initiate remote consultation requests by capturing and transmitting patient health information directly through ClickMedix-Web or through ClickMedix-Mobile;
- ii. Qualified medical consultants (“Responders”) respond to consultation requests with a suggested diagnosis and treatment plan, or ask for additional information through ClickMedix-Web or through ClickMedix-Mobile;
- iii. Requesters receive consultation responses from Responders via ClickMedix-Web or ClickMedix-Mobile. Requesters supply any needed additional information to Responders and take any suggested diagnosis or treatment plan as advice. When a Requester is a health providers, rather than a patient, such Requester is responsible for determining the appropriate treatment plan for the patient, which may include a physical referral the Responder; and
- iv. Facilitated by ClickMedix, Requesters and Responders can remain in communication allowing Responders to provide follow-up and ongoing advice. Patients can also remain in communication with health providers serving as Requesters;
b. To otherwise enable health providers, including any staff, interns or trainees, to communicate and collaborate in determining treatment plans for patients;
c. To enable health providers to generate reports related to patients;
d. To enable us, researchers and educators to collect de-identified patient information and aggregate usage date for educational and research purposes; and
e. To enable administrators of facilities with which non-patient Requestors and Responders are affiliated to manage ClickMedix users within their facility.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from and regarding users in a variety of ways.
• Information about you. When subscribing to receive information or registering an account on the web site you will be asked to provide us with your name and email address. During the registration process, you will be prompted to provide more information about yourself and your affiliation with healthcare communities. If you are a consulting medical expert, we may ask for additional information such as your education and work background as well as medical credentials.
• Consultation content. When a Requester or patient requests consultation advice from a remote doctor, they may transmit patient information (e.g. symptoms, medical history, images, etc.) to facilitate an informed medical opinion. Similarly, Responders may transmit patient information care to a Requester or the patient. We may collect de-identified patient information, i.e., patient information that cannot be linked to the identity of any particular individual.
• Transactional information. We may retain the details of transactions and payments you make on the web site.
• Web site activity information. We keep track of some of the actions you take on the web site, such as editing a case, providing a consultation advice or adding and deleting images.
• Access device and browser information. When you access the web site from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address. Your device’s IP address is not necessarily linked to your personally identifiable information, but does distinguish your device from other devices that access the web site.
• Cookie information. We use “cookies” (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) to make the web site easier to use for you. For example, we use them to store your login ID (but never your password) to confirm that you are logged into the web site, and to know when you are interacting with our applications, widgets and action buttons. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use the web site and the related services.
• Information from other users. We may collect information about you from other users, such as when a user within a group to which you belong approves of your comment on a consultation request.
What do we use your information for?
We use the information we collect to try to provide a secure, efficient, and customized experience for you. Information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
• To improve our web site. We continually strive to improve our services and features based on the information and feedback we receive from you. We may use traffic data and your device’s IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, analyze trends, administer the web site, and for other purposes. We may also use your device’s IP address to identify you as a distinct, though anonymous, visitor, for whom the experience may be personalized during future visits.
• To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
• To process transactions. We may use your personal information for the express purpose of delivering a product purchased or service requested through the web site.
• To help improve or promote our service.Sometimes we share aggregated information with third parties to help improve or promote our service. But we only do so in such a way that no individual user or patient information can be identified or linked to any specific action or information.
• To send periodic emails. The email address you provide to us may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information.If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please email email@example.com.
• To help your colleagues find you.We allow other users affiliated with a member of a group to which you belong to use contact information they have about you, such as your email address, to facilitate inviting you to join other user groups.
How can you share information on the web site?
• Display Name and select profile information. The web site is designed to make it easy and secure for you to setup private medical consultations and learning groups. For this reason, users you invite or others within your group invite will be able to view your display name (created by you) and profile information you have elected to make public.
• Contact information. Your contact information is only visible to the private groups to which you have agreed to be a member and have agreed to share your information with select members of your private group.
• Comments and other communications. You may send comments or other communications to other users. Certain types of communications that you send to other users cannot be removed from the web site, such as your comments. In addition, when you post information on another user’s comment on another user’s patient case, that information will be subject to the other user’s own viewing settings.
• Exported information. You (and those you make your information available to) may use tools like mobile phone address book applications, or copy and paste functions, to capture, export (and in some cases, import) information from the web site, including your information and information about you. For example, if you share your phone number with your group members, they may use third party applications to sync that information with the address book on their mobile phone.You understand that your information might be shared or copied by other users. Non-patient Requestors and Responders may be able to download your images for treatment purposes. Other users may be able to download your de-identified images from the web site for educational or research purposes. Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others (e.g. it was otherwise distributed by you or stored by other users).
• Links. When you click on third party links available on the web site (e.g medical reference site) you may leave the web site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other web sites, and we encourage you to read their privacy statements.
How do we share information on the web site?
We share your information in the following circumstances:
• When you invite a colleague to join. When you invite a colleague to create an account on the web site, we will send your invitee a message on your behalf using your name. You can see who has accepted your invitations, send reminders, and remove your colleagues’ email addresses on your invite group page.
• To help your colleagues find you. Your colleagues can find you by explicitly inviting you from the web site.
• To help improve or promote our service. Sometimes we share aggregated information, including de-identified patient information, with third parties to help improve or promote our service. But we only do so in such a way that no individual user or patient can be identified or linked to any specific action or information.
• When you make a payment. When you make a payment through the web site we will share transaction information with only those third parties necessary to complete the transaction. We will require those third parties to agree to respect the privacy of your information.
How can you change or remove information?
• Editing your profile. You may change or remove your profile information at any time by going to your profile page and clicking “Edit”. Your information will be updated immediately.
• Deactivating or deleting your account. If you want to stop using your account you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to deactivate or delete it. When deactivated, your account will no longer be visible to you or other users through the web site, but we will retain all of your profile information in case you later decide to reactivate your account. If you deactivate your account you will have the ability to reactivate it and restore your profile in its entirety. When you delete an account, it is permanently deleted from the web site. You should only delete your account if you are certain you will never want to reactivate it.
• Limitations on removal. Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, or it was copied or stored by other users. Additionally, we may retain certain information to prevent identity theft and other misconduct even if deletion has been requested.
• Backup copies. Removed or deleted information may persist in backup copies that we retain, but will not be available to others.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information as well as information you added/uploaded.
• HIPPA-compliant security measures. We have implemented security safeguards on the web site that comply with HIPAA administrative, physical and technical safeguards. We keep your information on a secured server with a hot standby to ensure your information has the highest availability. The servers are behind a high availability firewall. All information transmitted from the mobile device or the web application is encrypted via secure socket layer (SSL) technology. We also implemented security measures that mitigate the risk of theft of mobile device used to transmit medical information for remote consultation.
• Risks inherent in sharing information. Please be aware that despite security measures implemented, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information. In the event you notice that your information is being improperly shared, please notify us so we can assess mitigation actions to further protect your information.
• Risks of circumvention of our security measures. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any of our security measures. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up to date antivirus software.
• Report Violations. You should report any security violations to us by contacting email@example.com.
Do we disclose any personally identifiable information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our web site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your personally identifiable information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided by us to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party information, products or services on our web site to improve your user experience and information retrieval. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act compliance
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their account and update their profile page.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our web site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old.
ClickMedix Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
Please also review the ClickMedix Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use available at https://clickmedix.com/home/terms-of-use, which sets out certain disclaimers and limitations of our liability and otherwise governs your use of our web site.